In November of 2005 a Spartanburg County jury ordered White Oak Manor-Spartanburg to pay more than $1 million to the family of a former resident. Pearl Sinclair, who was a resident of White Oak Manor from October 2003 through May 2004, was given another patient’s insulin injection and went into insulin shock as a result of the mistake. Ms. Sinclair’s family claims White Oak Manor’s negligence caused permanent brain damage. The jury awarded Ms. Sinclair’s family $50,000 in actual damages and $1 million in punatives.
Ms. Sinclair’s family was represented by Poliakoff & Associates, P.A. of Spartanburg, SC.